Saturday, January 10, 2009

Electric cars a danger!

One topic concerning electric cars that no one has reported on is that they are very quiet. While some may view this as an advantage, there are others that view this as a dangerous situation. I am a cyclist (bicycle) and I am very safety conscious. I had a helmet when they were unattractive and so heavy neck hurt. Safety when riding takes not only your eyes, but also your ears. Hearing the sound of cars come from behind you is an early warning safety factor. Quiet electric cars will deprive cyclists of an important aspect of safety. In addition to cyclists others may view silent cars as a problem. I would think sound would be quite important for individuals who use a white cane. I am not sure how this can be remedied. Perhaps each electric cars should have a sound generator to simulate a combustion car engine. Am I serious or not. You decide. Datadiver 1-10-2009

No comments: